Remember ...

If not now, when?

Saturday 11 March 2017

What To Wear For A Children's Party/The Cardimance Continues



 I was recently thrilled to be invited to a birthday disco party.
35 children running around and dancing.  Birthday Tea.
Pretty lively stuff! Oh, what to wear?


Peacocks jeans, Woolovers grey cashmere merino cardi, Clarks dependable bendables.  Grey, grey, grey.  That's what I wore.


And a short-sleeved jersey leoprint top from M&S.  I was so thankful I wore that short sleeved top.  The cardi got ripped off within 5 minutes - discos are hot!


And to finish off my greyness, the Zara leoprint came too!

Now, here's the thing.  I wear grey, a lot, jeans and cardi mostly. 
My blogger friend Anna from muttonyearsstyleandi  has had a bit of a cardimance going on with a grey cardi these past few months and so have I.  It's OK, don't fret dear readers, we're not romancing the same cardi.  Yes, ours are both edge to edge cardis, both grey, but to prove that we are not in love with the same cardi, hers has pockets and mine doesn't.  Subtle but convincing evidence that we are not in one of those difficult knitwear menage a trois thingeys.

Anna is sensitive to the needs of hers, doing things like sending her grey cardi on a spa week.  Mine has had no such pampering, no let-up, it's pretty much been on my back several days a week, every week.  It's on the line as I type, but it'll probably be draping me again tomorrow.  I've been insensitive to its need to have a few weeks estrangement, though I'm starting to come round to  maybe giving it a winter break in the darkness of my wardrobe, just hangin', chillin'.

So I ask you, my dears, are you experiencing a cardimance?  And is it grey? 



A la perchoine.


10 comments:

  1. A cardi menage a trois! The very idea. My cardi is faithful to me and I to it. And Mary, all this grey and leopard. You've been mixing with me far too much. Haha. Of course I think you look great in this get up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny, Anna, and thanks for your sweet words, yes we two do wear grey a lot. And leoprint scarfage too. No surprise I'm your (much) older twin! My friend M first brought my attention to my reputation for grey, she'd bet on me wearing it. I realised I was a greyoholic! See you soon at the GA meeting! X.

      Delete
  2. My current is a black cardi - very dreary - but like your grey it's a great workhorse in the closet. I think your grey, how you dressed it up, looks a lot better than my black and what fun to be invited to a kid's disco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christy, glad you like the grey, despite seeing it so often! Your black workhorse sounds ideal.

      Delete
  3. I have a pale grey, a dark grey and a black long cardi and if it is warm enough and not raining, out they come. Look so good with skinny jeans and boots. Loved the grey ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Niddykins, great to hear from you and thanks for your sweet words. You seem to have late winter covered, well done, you.
      .

      Delete
  4. My long cardigan (more coatigan) to be different is bright burnt orange.I find I now love orange.!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Polly! My grey sounds so pedestrian by comparison. I can imagine how it could work really well. Brave, but clever you!

      Delete
  5. This looks like something I would wear, totally my style. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Amy, I can imagine you wearing this. So glad you like it. If I wasn't several thousand miles away and many dress sizes larger, we could play at swapping outfits!!!

      Delete