Remember ...

If not now, when?

Friday 5 August 2016

Sad, Then Happy

Hi peeps, so glad you found time to pop in during your busy Friday.
I've got some bits n bobs for you today.



Firstly, mindful of the need to post an OOTD, here's me layered up in a navy linen-blend cardi and a little floral print camisole over a navy longline camisole, all from Next, worn with the old trusty Peacock jeans. It's been a tad overcast these past few days, hence the jeans and cardi-cover-ups, but fortunately the weather has changed today, so hopefully this is my last cardi shot for a while!

 So, OOTD, done.
Next up, dear readers, I have a sad tale. 
Sitting comfortably?  Tissue box at the ready?  Then let's begin. 
Last week when I was rockpooling with GS I fell on a jagged rock and grazed my arm rather badly.  It was gushing with that red stuff, so I threw a few buckets of seawater over my ba-ba.  Forgetting that I was wearing my non-waterproof darling Skagen watch.  Despite nursing it for days in a plastic bag filled with rice, the watch never recovered.  
I was sad.

But out of bad comes good.  Yesterday I bit the bullet and ordered a replacement watch from Amazon.  
It arrived today.  How quick is that!

For several reasons, it's slightly different to my previous one but cute all the same.  
And I am happy.



Skagen is a Danish brand and produces super watches and equally super jewellery. 
I love the straps on these watches.  They are so slinky.  I love the brand and I love my new little watch.  There's a lot of love in the air, eh!

Do you have a fave watch brand, BTW?
Have you tried anything from the Skagen range?

So, having now set a Danish theme to today's post, I'd like to sign off by sharing these pics with you.

I collect stones as mementoes of places I've visited. 


I mark them with the place and date.  These are from my recent holiday in Denmark.


If they're big enough, I write more detail.  The larger one at the back I found three years ago. I know which beach I found in it and when.  I know the type of stone it is (gneiss).  Because it's all been neatly logged on the stone with a white pen.  
And that makes me happy too.

 Lovely, meaningful memories.
Just felt inspired to share this with you.

I collect pine cones and little stones as holiday mementoes. 
Do you have favourite things that you take home with you from holiday?


A la perchoine.




5 comments:

  1. I've heard Skagen are good. We used to collect stones. We didnt date them. They are in glass vases now as decorative items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, yes, Skagen watches look pretty classy and work well - if they are not soaked in saltwater!
      So pleased to find fellow stone collector and what a nice idea, I'm going to find a pretty glass display container for my faves. Thanks for your inspiration.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about your fall, injury and the demise of your watch...it could have been worse.
    I have an old ESQ watch that I have been wearing for years...it is not waterproof so i purchased a Tommy Hilfiger waterproof watch for our boating season.
    I also collect beach glass, shells and heart shaped rocks...beach combing is a lovely hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leslie, yes, I spotted that you'd taken the TH watch with you. Thanks for the tip, I do need one for swimming ... and rockpooling!
    I collect heart shaped pebbles too, I got really excited when I found the little white one on holiday - see it placed proudly in my stone circle above!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leslie, yes, I spotted that you'd taken the TH watch with you. Thanks for the tip, I do need one for swimming ... and rockpooling!
    I collect heart shaped pebbles too, I got really excited when I found the little white one on holiday - see it placed proudly in my stone circle above!

    ReplyDelete