Remember ...

If not now, when?

Sunday 28 August 2016

Messing About In Boats


Oh dear, peeps, I am continuing my obsession with shorts.  Just how did I survive without them?  Some weeks ago I was sort of challenged to wear them and show my knees
and the rest is Pouting Pensioner history.

So, I'm invited to a BBQ at the little marina where the cat sitters' boat is berthed.  What do I choose to wear?  Shorts, of course.  Or not-so-shorts, as I tend to call them as my selection of beige, white and denim "shorts" barely creep above the knee.
Which is no bad thing.


Next beige chino shorts and longline camisole; Magasin ecru/black stripey top.  And birkies.
Pretty much my uniform through August.


A H&M denim shirt (ancient) thrown over for after-sundown warmth.


Beaucette Marina.



Filled with a mix of local and visiting boats.

We had drinks aboard our friends' boat.


Then on to the BBQ.

It's an annual event.  The marina lays on a load of burgers and sausages, chicken kebabs, BBQ ribs etc and an amazing array of salads.  Extremely good live music in the dancing tent.  Bouncy castle and games for the kiddies.  Beer tent and soft drinks.  All free. 
Donations are collected for a charity, this year for MacMillan Nurse who provide palliative care for cancer patients - a very worthy cause. 
Well done, Beaucette Marina for putting on a great event and raising money for charity.





What a great night.  Thank you, sweet cat sitters, for inviting us.
We'll be back next year! 


A la perchoine, Beaucette Marina!


3 comments:

  1. I'd love to go to a bbq at a marina. Honestly, what else would you wear. Shorts were perfect. Looking forward to the styling of gardening clothes. I'll be posting another challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The BBQ was fab but we're such lightweights these days, we left when it got dark! The marina is the island's smallest, I think the others are too big and impersonal to do something as fun and friendly as this.
    Anna, I hope you don't mind if I have a bit of fun with your challenge? A bit of summer silliness?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all. Sillier the better 😊 we're lightweights too. Need bed by 11.

      Delete