Remember ...

If not now, when?

Friday 22 July 2016

Making a Spectacle of Myself



Taddaah!



My new specs.

In case you're looking for new specs too and are interested, these are Paul & Joe (I think).  Never heard of them.  In recent years I've had "names" like Chanel (quilted leather arms didn't last), Dior (they've dated quickly) and Armani, which did work for me. I've had the Armanis for about 12-13 years and they are now considered old in the Spec-isphere and are suffering from metal fatigue.  Even my specs are aging!

I've also had that Swedish rimless make, Lindberg.  They were okaaaay, I sort of liked them and they are incredibly light on the nose.  But a replacement lens for those Lindbergs is more than£200.  One lens, £200+!  Whereas a regular lens is half the price.  The maths do the decision making on this one!



So I've gone for regular frames from a brand I don't know. I certainly get more lens for my pensioner's buck!  They give me more glass to look through, better for driving.  And rather than go for uber-trendy black frames I chose this tortoiseshell.  I think it creates a softer effect for aging hair and face. What do you think?


The Photographer tells me they make me look intelligent.
I think they give me a Jenny Eclair vibe.


Now here's the thing.  I have to wear fit-over sunglasses with my specs.  Solar Shield seems the best around.



I've been wearing these amber-lensed Solar Shields for a few years.  But the bummer is that they don't completely cover my new bigger frames.




These do.  My only option seems to be this extra large style.  
I'm not keen on them but, be prepared, you'll be seeing these a lot.
They make me look a little bit The Fly, the Jeff Goldblum version.





These would be a more glam style, more Edna Everidge than Fly.  I'm not being Fly-ist.  It's just that The Fly Look dominates the face, whereas Edna's would blend in more.  
But the Ednas are too small for my new intelligent-person glasses.



I need polarised sunglasses like these; you can hopefully visualise how they fit over specs.
Can you recommend any other makes like this but maybe a bit more attractive?


So peeps, yesterday I was all-giving, today I am all-grasping.  For I need your help in finding attractive polaroid sunglasses that fit comfortably over my new big specs.
I'd really appreciate your help.  


A la perchoine.









No comments:

Post a Comment