Remember ...

If not now, when?

Monday 22 February 2016

Digging Deep and Getting Messy.


Woolovers navy cashmere/merino V-neck and Clarks bootees, but this time with a couple of blasts from the past: M&S jeggings, v. old; under the V-neck is a Monsoon ecru silk shirt, 20+ years old.

This is a good time to mention that my blog clearly isn't intended to get you out there shopping!
I have been posting everyday clothes, none new.  One of my missions via this blog is to encourage me to dig deep into the archives to identify old, sometimes prehistoric, items of clothing that I couldn't bear to part with when I retired, and then integrate them with more recent buys to make outfits that fit my new life.
Maybe through my posts I can in some small way inspire you to do the same, should you wish to.



And for my morning constitutional, I topped that little lot with a quite old navy quilted jacket from Cotton Traders similar here.



Back home to a BIG warming soup, pretty much the same as last's weeks but with a few additions.
It's a huge chunk of my 5-a-day; I can relax now, any other veg consumed today will be a bonus!



Later, windswept, after coffee with a friend. 

So, I dug deep for that Monsoon shirt.  I dug deeper for this M&S navy pure new wool jacket (from a skirt suit), vintage ca. 1997-8! 
I kept it as it's good quality, still looks like new, and, get this, the tag says "Made in England" so it's definitely a keeper! Possibly a museum piece?!

And finally, just wanted to show you me trying out how I think "girls seem to wear shirts these days", showing a bit of shirt down the bottom ... fit of naughty-girl-giggles as my "photographer" told me I looked very untidy.
Did I get the look right?  Or am I just a bit messy?


A la perchoine.





No comments:

Post a Comment