Remember ...

If not now, when?

Sunday 31 January 2016

Who Would Have Thought ...





.. that something so beautiful and sustaining can result from just a little thought?


I have 4-5 orchids going on at any given time which fortunately are on differing flowering cycles, so whichever is flowering gets to go in the No. 1 spot, the kitchen window sill.  Sometimes several flower at once and that creates a magnificent display.  The added whammy is that these plants keep dishing out on the giving, several times a year, every year.
The lack of nurturing?  I water them only when I remember, read "rarely", and prune them back after the flowers die ... IF I remember. 
Such great mileage from my undemanding, robust and beautiful babies.



... that something so beautiful and sustaining could result from so little effort?



This simple but what I view as pretty display of colour comes from a miniscule amount of thought and effort.  So me!  A few bright pink hydrangea heads cut and brought in from the garden in autumn, plonked in an old junk shop jug with a bit of water - and then no more care, no more water. 
They quickly turned a beautiful mauve colour and didn't dry out like my previous attempts at drying hydrangeas had.  They show no sign of deteriorating.  They keep giving me super colour on often bleak winters' days.
Such great mileage from so little effort.



... that on just Day 3 in the Bloggerhood, my lack of thought and effort would turn on me?

I sinned. 
We went out for a meal with my longest-standing friend outside of family (it's our Golden Anniversary next year!) and her lovely hubby.  I should have some nice piccies taken in an atmospheric pub-grub location, the Rockie.  Piccies with my best mate.  Piccies of nice food. 
What I have is a pic taken just before we left the house, as I committed the Cardinal Blogger Sin and left the house sans camera.
If I am to take my new interest seriously, a camera should now be like a second skin to me, something NOT to leave home without. 
But I did.  Forgive me BlogSpot, for I have sinned.
Of course, I could have taken photos with my smartphone, but it is "entry level" (not my words but those of the salesman).  I should have taken a moment to think what might be behind his words.  However, I bought it on the spot, signed up for a two year contract and boy, have his words frustratingly resonated big time as I subsequently experienced his description first hand
- it takes truly AWFUL photos!. 
It is smart enough to take a phone call, but I think smartphones are supposed to do more than that.  That's what makes them "smart" and not just "phones".
Anyway, I digress. For what it's worth, here's my one shot of the lovely evening.
I am wearing a black Dotty P blousey tunic thing under a Peacock (yes, PEACOCK!) waterfall leather-look jacket, both AW14, over Next lift-and-sculpt jeans, AW13 and finished off with some Gabor black nubuck above-ankle heeled boots. also AW13. 
As I have mentioned before, I am a BIG fan of Gabor boots and these have taken a pounding as they too go equally well with jeans and trousers, skirts and dresses.  Yet no repairs required in three winters and my not-unsubstantial body weighing down on them daily, and they look like they are going to remain that way for many years to come. 
Gabor footwear ROCKS!



So what have I learned from these experiences? 
Sometimes you luck-out and get wonderful results from little effort. 
Sometimes you get just what it said on the tin.,
And sometimes you have to put in some effort and pack a bloomin' camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment